Industrial Plastics are excited to launch its new PP Coated Backing Rings! PP (polypropylene) coated backing rings are identical to traditional stainless steel or galvanised steel rings, with the added layer of protection to increase the durability and reliability of the product.
The protective polypropylene layer coats the steel core to make the ring more durable though its corrosion resistance. The backing rings can be used in connections where HDPE pipes are connected to pipes of different material or ancillary equipment such as valves and pumps.
This higher resistance to corrosion means it is ideal for marine projects. Moreover, projects like pools and sodium hydrochloride tanks require PP rings as sodium hypochlorite is aggressive on stainless steel.
Advantages of a PP Coated Backing Ring:
- Lightweight: weighs a third of a regular flange (e.g. with steel core) meaning cheaper transportation costs
- High corrosion and chemical resistance
- UV stabilised
- Increased durability
- High reliability on permanent loading
- High operating temperatures: up to 80°C
- Load resistant joint
- Easily disassembled
Backing Ring Applications
- Mining projects
- Chlorine chemicals/ plant maintenance
- Agriculture piping
- Marine engineering / swimming pools
- Water main replacements
- Industries such as chemical & process, food and civil infrastructure
- Material: Polypropylene (30% Glass Fiber Reinforced) with Steel Ring
- Standards: AS 2129, ANSI 150, BS 4504, DIN 2501, EN1092, GB/9119-2010, ISO 7005
- Size: 20mm to 630mm
- Pressure: PN16 and PN10
To find out more about our PP Coated Backing Rings please contact our technical sales team via email: [email protected] or telephone 1300 465 888.