Having recently moved to a new manufacturing facility in Pinkenba, we are seeking the right person to join our team as we position ourselves for growth. As a plastics fabricator, you will be an integral Production team member delivering high-quality outputs within customer time frames
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Layout, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as profiles, according to drawings or templates, ensuring the most efficient use of the material.
- Fasten seams or joints together with welds or bonds to assemble components into products or to repair plastic items.
- Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications and building codes, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers.
- Trim, grind, deburr, buff, or smooth surfaces, seams, or joints of assembled parts, using hand tools or portable power tools.
- Your work hours will be 38 hours per week and you will be required to work some overtime on occasion, including Saturday’s as required.
You will be quality and safety-focused with a positive mindset and will enjoy working in team environments.
Preferably you will have experience in one or more of the following:
- PE, PVC, PP Welding & Fabrication
- Acrylic & Polycarb Fabrication
- Pipe Butt Welding
- Hot Air Hand Welding
- Extrusion Welding
- Heated Tool Butt Welding
- Solvent Joining
- CNC Operation
For this particular role, experience in Industrial Fabrication is highly desirable. Experience in Acrylic and Polycarbonate fabrication is desirable but not essential.
Also, if you are looking to change from another trade we are happy to offer training in plastic fabrication.
This is an exciting position in a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your career. You will have a great work-life balance and be rewarded for your hard work.
How to apply
Applications close 13th May, 2021. Please indicate if you found this position through Seek or our website.