Industrial Plastics Pty Ltd is a distributor of Non-woven Geotextile. With our head office in Queensland and distribution hubs in Victoria and New South Wales, we service the whole of Australia.
Geotextiles are permeable polymeric fabrics made of Polyester that have the ability to separate, filter, strengthen, and protect soil surfaces. Originally designed as an alternative to granular soil filters. Geotextiles are manufactured by the mechanical bonding of polyester fibers by needle punching equipment. Heat treatments are used to improve the tensile strength of the fibre.
Geotextile obtained from the mechanical interlocking of fibers has a thickness of 0.5-1mm, while chemically bonded textiles are comparatively thick (3mm).
Adequate permeability, soil retention capability, and fabric strength make it suitable for filtration, separation, and reinforcement applications.
Types of Geotextile
- Non-woven Geotextile: Used for drainage, filtration, separation. Categorised according to their weight (grams per square meter).
- Woven Geotextile: Used for stabilisation of earth structures and reinforcement. Usually classified by their tensile strength offered.
- HDPE Composite Geotextile with Geomembrane: A composite multi-layered geotextile suitable for high physical and mechanical performance and known for its anti-seepage properties.
- High tensile strength
- Corrosion resistance
- UV resistance
- Light and flexible for easy installation
- Thickness: 1.7mm
- Width: 5.8m
- Length: 50m
- Weight: 200g/m2
- Material: 100% Polyester
- Colour: White
- Minimum order quantity: 290sqm
Functions of Geotextile
- Filtration: Geotextile allows water and gases to pass freely while preventing clay granules and soil from migration. This makes it suitable as a filtration layer for river canals, seacoast, retaining walls.
- Separation: Geotextile is used as a separation layer for roadbed and soft base, which prevents intermixing of soils with different properties. Separating the roadbed from the soft base reduces the amount of infill required to create the roadbed and hence minimising man-hours and cost.
- Reinforcement: Geotextiles improve the load-bearing capacity of soil structures in applications such as Highway construction and slope protection. They distribute the stresses, prevent lateral displacement of the soil structure and stabilise the surface.
- Liner Protection: Geotextile fabric acts as a cushion underneath an HDPE liner and protects it from ruptures and deformations by reducing stresses.
Roads and Railway construction
- Soil bed reinforcing and ground stabilisation
- Reinforcing muddy paths and trails
Rivers, canals, and dam works
- Erosion control
- Slope protection
Supplementary Product Range
With a wide range of products to suit your project needs Industrial Plastics can be your turnkey partner from start to finish. Being able to supply HDPE Geomembranes and Geocells along with Geotextiles ensures product conformity throughout.