Industrial Plastics is excited to announce the launch of geogrid into our comprehensive line of geosynthetic products. Geogrid is used in numerous civil engineering related applications to reinforce soils. It has high tensile strength which allows it to transfer forces across a larger area of soil than otherwise would be the case.
There are three types of geogrid; uniaxial, biaxial, and triaxial.
Uniaxial – As the name suggests, this type of geogrid is strong in the longitudinal direction. And remember, ‘the strength is in the length’, it should be rolled out perpendicular to the wall or slope you are working with.
Biaxial – For this type geogrid, a polymer sheet is punctured and then stretched in both directions. As a result, its tensile strength is equal in the transverse and longitudinal directions.
Triaxial – This innovative product is made from high-density polyethylene and takes advantage of the unique load bearing properties of triangles. When arranged in a triangular grid, the geogrid is able to bear loads in all directions. This kind of geogrid can greatly enhance the load bearing capabilities of asphalt pavement and can greatly reduce the thickness of the layer of asphalt required.
- Extends life of roads by holding soil together
- Ease of installation
- Can be installed during any weather condition
- Land optimisation
- Can strengthen unsuitable land so that it meets its desired properties for construction
- Promotes soil stability
- Higher load bearing capacity
- No mortar requirement, can be implemented dry
- Flexible in nature and known for their versatility
- Highly durable, low maintenance costs
- Pavement construction
- Improvement of subgrade strength
- Reinforcement of the pavement base
- Retaining wall construction
- Road base construction
- Slope stabilisation
- Embankments and soil foundation
- Structural elements
- Landfill construction
To find out more about our range of geogrid or for any technical assistance please contact our sales team via email: [email protected] or telephone 1300 465 888.