Industrial Plastics is excited to announce that we will be adding geosynthetic clay liner, also known as GCL to our comprehensive Industraline geosynthetics range in the 4th quarter of 2021. This innovative product is a manufactured alternative to compacted clay liners (CCL’s) and consists of a layer of bentonite clay bound between two layers of geotextile.
Unlike compact clay liners, installation of GCL does not require clay and other earth minerals to be imported and compacted to form a barrier. The GCL arrives on site in rolls and can be conveniently rolled out with lifting machinery, saving the need for labour intensive earth moving operations. The GCL is easily joined with a small overlap between sheets, with the joints held in place with a layer of soil placed on top of the overlap to create an impermeable barrier. There is no need for welding or other complex joining methods.
Advantages of geosynthetic clay liner:
- Faster to install and a great low cost alternative to compact clay liners
- Unique healing capacity allows GCL to reseal itself if it is punctured
- The geotextile layers assist with erosion prevention
- No specialist joining methods
- No installation expertise required or on-site mixing of bentonite powder
- Easy to repair
- High resistance to chemical attack from many leachates
Applications geosynthetic clay liner:
Common applications include:
- dams, canals, and water courses
- tailings containment
- groundwater protection
- vertical barriers
- waste and contaminated soil caps
- landfill base liners
- gas and vapour seals
- surface impoundment liners
- secondary containment
To find out more about our range of GCL offered or for any technical assistance please contact our technical sales team via email: [email protected] or telephone 1300 465 888.