At Industrial Plastics we are constantly looking out for highly skilled, reliable and motivated employees. These employees are the reason behind Industrial Plastics growth that now enables the company to produce large plastic fabrications for some of the biggest customers in Australia and abroad. We aim to educate and upskill our staff members through a hands on approach and gaining nationally recognised qualifications.
As an apprentice, you will be working in a fully catered workshop environment as part of an operations team fabricating custom industrial and commercial plastic products.
Once you complete your apprenticeship your job will entail:
- Fabricating a variety of items from small commercial display items through to much larger items such as industrial tanks.
- Interpreting engineering drawings and job instructions.
- Occasional onsite time for repairs and installs.
- Use of welding equipment, as well as power tools including panel saws, grinders, polishers etc.
- Writing SWMS and leading by example with OHS standards.
To be successful in this role you will need the following technical levels:
The successful applicant will be punctual and reliable, pay particular attention to quality and cleanliness, be willing to learn and apply new techniques, systems and materials, and above all, be a team player with a strong willingness to learn. In turn, we will provide everything needed for a successful apprenticeship and career.
- Be able to communicate proficiently through speaking and writing English,
- Trade level Mathematics skills (year 10 minimum),
- Woodwork, metalwork (or similar) subject completion (year 10 minimum),
- Demonstrated IT literacy.
- Forklift licence preferable but not essential
- It would be beneficial to have a manual car licence or willing to attain a manual car licence if you are successful in attaining this position.
What you need to do now:
Applications close 13th May 2021. Adult apprentices also accepted. Please also indicate if you found this position through Seek or our website.